Wednesday 29 May 2013

End of a Class

This evening marks the end of the Beginner's Quilting Class that I've been teaching for the last 6-weeks.  The ladies taking the class have all been excellent, and I have truly enjoyed getting to know them a bit.  I hope to run a similar class again in the fall, probably with a slightly different pattern so that if anyone who took the class this spring wants to take it again, maybe with a friend, they aren't making the exact same project and can still learn something new.

It has been a very hectic few weeks, and at times my organizational skills have not been what they should be--or even anywhere near where they usually are!  However, it is still full-steam ahead for the SS Desirae.  Balanced Needles Knitting and Quilting will be at the Caswell Arts Festival "Art in the Park" on June 9, and there are a few projects that need to be finished up before so they will be ready before the day of the sale.  One of which is finding someone to watch the wee munchkin for the day as R is studying up for final exams he's writing during the week after.  Any takers?  He's really cute, and loves to play in the dirt :)

We've also been planning out our yard.  It is currently a dirt farm, which is great for the above mentioned munchkin but not so great for relaxing outside.  We seem to get so few months (or weeks) of summer, but if there is one thing people from Saskatchewan like to do it's enjoy the outdoors!  I'm not much of a gardener, but I'd like to put together a rock/perennial garden space.  I've got a few things growing in pots on the front porch, and should probably take the time to get them into the ground sooner rather than later.  If not into the ground, then at least transplant some of them into bigger pots.  The landscaper who came by last evening recommended not putting the garden in this year if we're putting new turf in as it will likely be flooded with the amount of watering that new grass needs to get established.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Good advice, bad advice??  The garden space is around the fire hydrant on the front corner of our lot, which is also where the lawn should theoretically "drain" to.

I think that's everything I have time to share right now... I really should be working in my studio, but it is so nice out!  I'm off for now.

Dez



No comments:

Post a Comment