Tuesday 7 May 2013

This Week's Inspiration

I have been reading Carrie Green and the rest of the Female Entrepreneur Association and was truly inspired by the quote of the month for May (sorry, uncropped screen shot):


May is a month of change for me.  Which also means a work in progress.

I'm transitioning from teaching at the business college to being a Financial Advisor with Sun Life.  The career change decision came after a lot of thought and prayer for what would be best for our family.  I am moving into a role that allows the total control and flexibility I've dreamed of having for a while and should allow me to be more involved with Ian during the week.

Tomorrow night also marks the half-way point for the "Intro to Quilting" class I'm teaching, which is going very well.  I spoke a bit last week about the upcoming saskatoonquilts 2013 quilt show in October, and encouraged everyone to enter their finished quilts.  I think most of the class is at least considering my "challenge" to them. 

This weekend is the SQG Spring Retreat, and I'm looking forward to taking Saturday to finish up some projects on my "free days."  There were not enough registrants for the "Bargello for Everyone" class I was offering to teach, but that's okay too because it has been a very busy few weeks and I think I need this as a true retreat.

Until next time,
Dez

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to surf to my site - duncan hines glaze coupons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I can be much help, mine came automatically with the site. Check your blog settings it might be in there.

      Delete
  2. Love it so through work in progress ... instead of ufo's much better !!!

    ReplyDelete